Drama Kids Teacher
About the Job
Drama Teacher / Teacher / Children's Theater / After School - Part Time
We currently have open a part time position for the 2017-2018 school year (August - May). Teachers must be available between 2 p.m.and 5 p.m. Classes are taught in North and East Cobb and Cherokee county. Interviews and hiring process will be conducted in July and August.
Drama Kids is a Creative Drama & Literacy Enrichment Program where kids “Act Up” with a purpose! We work with children's imagination and creativity to develop literacy skills, public speaking, leadership/teamwork and acting abilities, while building their confidence, essential life skills learned in a fun and professional atmosphere. Join a Program that Changes Lives! We are looking for part-time caring, fun and motivated teachers that are passionate about developing children to join our growing team. Our teachers believe in what they do and that they can affect positive change every day. Their energy and enthusiasm encourages kids to become the best communicators they can be! Our goal is to develop kids who are able to strive and thrive as the 21st century unfolds.
As a member of our great team you will:
- Work 4-10 hours per week in the afternoons
- Teach and mentor students from 4 to 12 years of age
- Follow provided world renowned lesson plans on speech, movement & acting
- Direct plays
- Build relationships with parents and students
- Deliver presentations
- Foster relationships with local schools
- Have potential to do additional administrative and marketing work/projects for our location
- Have a heart for kids!
- Are looking for a part-time and fun opportunity
- Have teaching experience and excellent classroom management skills
- Are performance oriented
- With HIGH ENERGY and flexibility
- Have afternoons available (must be able to be on-site between the hours of 2:00-5:00PM. M-F)
- Can easily commute to schools in North and East Cobb County.
- Are willing and able to commit for one school year
- *Theater experience a plus