Fashion Industry Wholesale/Buying Intern
About the Job
Volterre creates travel-inspired eyewear and seeks to reimagine sunglasses as the perfect travel companions. Made of lightweight, flexible materials with a custom travel-friendly pouch, Volterre sunglasses are simultaneously cutting-edge and practical - perfect for the modern jetsetter. Sold internationally in contemporary boutiques, Volterre is a brand new company with an ambitious vision to build a lifestyle brand & community of fashion-forward adventurers. Become a part of the #volterrevoyage!
Volterre is looking for a fashion industry / business development intern to help Volterre reach boutiques and major stores around the world. By researching new international retailers, distributing marketing materials, managing a database of leads, attending buyer meetings and negotiations, and managing orders, this stellar communicator will learn the ins & outs of the industry between manufacturing, wholesale, and retail operations. Join Volterre as we prepare for the exciting and extremely busy September fashion market week!
This internship must be taken for college credit (unpaid) and will be 2-4 days per week, eitheer remotely or at the founder's home office. The internship has many opportunities for increased responsibilities and involvement over time, with the potential to expand into the social media, sales & business development digital marketing, or design areas based on the intern’s proven interest and dedication.
What you need:
- Amazing writing skills, etiquette, and communication skills.
- Sleuth-like research skills - you know where and how to find anything online and have a relentless motivation to keep searching ‘til it’s found
- Life-long shopper with impeccable taste - you know where to find the best brands and the best stores that sell them, and the difference between contemporary and advanced
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, as you will be managing a large database of important information
- Tech-savvy and adaptable, with an ability to learn how to use new online tools easily
- Ability to quickly gain a learn the Volterre brand, story, and product like it’s the back of your hand (including detailed specifications, such as: our frames are made of .5mm stainless steel with ion plating!) and communicate this to others
- Confident, professional, and comfortable approaching new people via phone, email, or in person
- Strong interest in learning about the wholesale/retail businesses and how stores and brands work together
- BONUS: ability to represent Volterre at meetings and events, which may be outside of regular business hours
- Potential Majors include but not limited to: PR, Marketing, Journalism, Business, Fashion, Entrepreneurship, International Relations, Communications
- College credit
- Training in how to use CRM platforms and various communication tools
- Mentorship & professional development from a founder interested in helping you succeed
- Rewarding, real-world experience helping a business grow from the ground up - your gains are our gains, and vice versa!
- Exciting opportunities to work with stores you love as well as discover new ones (like shopping as work, but different)
- A strong understanding of how the fashion industry operates
- A roster of valuable contacts and new connections
- Cool sunglasses!
- Exposure to any other aspect of the business that interest you - as a growing startup, we wear many hats and love self-motivated people who are eager to learn!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com explaining your relevant experience, the names of 3 up-and-coming contemporary brands you love and 3 stores you could see Volterre being sold in.